- 1. Information Collected
- 2. Use of Information
- 3. Links
- 4. Disclosure
- 5. Your Choices
- 6. Information You Share on the Site.
- 7. Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
- 8. Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
- 9. Notice to California Residents
- 10. Notice to residents of the European Union
- 11. Third Parties
- 12. Information security
- 13. Children’s Privacy
- 14. Storage and International Transfer
- 15. Notification Regarding Updates.
- 16. Mailing Address
1. Information Collected
Traffic Data. ResumeBuild may collect a variety of visitor data such as IP addresses, browser settings, internet service provider (ISP) information, referring/exit pages, operating systems, date/time stamps, and clickstream data (collectively “Visitor Data”). The ResumeBuild internal servers and software automatically recognize Visitor Data. The Site may use Visitor Data to compile traffic data about the types of visitors who use the Site at specific intervals (collectively “Traffic Data”). We may use Traffic Data to analyze Site traffic, but this information is not examined for Personally Identifiable Information. We may also use Traffic Data to diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, or display content according to your preferences. Visitor Data and Traffic Data may also be shared with business partners, affiliates, or advertisers on an aggregated and anonymous basis.
Web Beacons. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons), that help us track referrals from our partners and affiliates and better manage content on our site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ Personally Identifiable Information.
Personal Information. ResumeBuild requires each customer to provide us with personal information (collectively “Personally Identifiable Information”) to access and use ResumeBuild products and services. Personally Identifiable Information is captured when a visitor accesses Online Services, or speaks on the phone with a ResumeBuild employee, and willingly discloses that information. This disclosure may occur when a visitor registers with an Online Service, engages in transactions, contacts customer service, or participates in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, requests for suggestions, or other aspects of services offered by ResumeBuild.
Personally Identifiable Information includes but is not limited to: (i) “Contact Data” (such as your name, address, city, state, zip code, phone number, and email address); (ii) “Financial Data” (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code or bank account information); (iii) “Demographic Data” (such as your zip code and sex); and (iv) other “Legal Data” (such as your social security number, mortgage information, automobile information, marital information, trade secrets, inventions, and idea submissions and other sensitive information necessary to generate legal documents).
We may collect the information of 3rd party individuals as necessary, such as to ask our customers to indicate beneficiaries of a will, record shareholders of a company, or register authorized contacts to access their ResumeBuild account. ResumeBuild uses this information for the sole purpose of administering its services for our customers, and does not use such information for any other reason.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at support@ResumeBuild.com.
Testimonials and Reviews. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers received through email surveys. We ask for your specific consent as part of the survey. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at support@ResumeBuild.com. We also display customer reviews. If you provide a review that we display and wish to update or delete it, you can also contact us at support@ResumeBuild.com.
Calls/Electronic Communications. In the regular course of our business, ResumeBuild may monitor and record phone conversations or email communications between you and ResumeBuild employees for training and quality assurance purposes. We may receive a confirmation when you open or click on content in an email from us, which helps us make our communications to you more useful and interesting. If you do not wish to receive email from ResumeBuild, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list by using the “Unsubscribe” link on any of the emails we send.
2. Use of Information
We use information we collect from the Online Services to communicate with you, process your orders, facilitate your transactions with our third-party marketing partners, and inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you may receive a welcome email that confirms your username and password, and later receive communications responding to your inquiries, providing services you request, and managing your account. We occasionally send service-related announcements, for example, to alert you if we need to temporarily suspend the Site for maintenance.
Opting Out. We send promotional emails and newsletters from time to time to users who have registered on the site and to those who have opted in to receive such emails. Generally, you may not opt-out of service-related or transactional communications, which are not promotional. If you do not wish to receive service-related communications, you may terminate your account by contacting customer service at support@ResumeBuild.com. However, you can opt-out of promotional communications by using the “Unsubscribe” link and following the unsubscribe instructions in any electronic communication or by emailing us at support@ResumeBuild.com.
You may choose not to provide ResumeBuild with Personally Identifiable Information or you may turn off cookies in your browser by changing its settings. If you make these decisions, you may continue to use the Online Services and browse its pages. However, ResumeBuild cannot process orders without Personally Identifiable Information.
Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Contests. We may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our site, to measure customer satisfaction. If you participate, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these surveys, sweepstakes, or contests is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes name, email address, and mailing address.
We use this information to notify contest winners and award prizes, to monitor site traffic or personalize the site, and/or to send participants an email newsletter.
We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests; that company will be prohibited from using our users’ personal information for any other purpose. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
We share customer information with third parties only as follows:
Order Processing. ResumeBuild, sometimes with the assistance of a third party or ResumeBuild subsidiary, may use your Personally Identifiable Information to process your payment through merchant account services, and to generate the products and services you order. Your Contact Data may be used to follow up with you on transactions you initiate through Online Services, respond to inquiries made through Online Services, inform you of changes to Online Services, and send you additional information about ResumeBuild and its products and services.
Third Party Marketing. Unless specifically authorized by you, we do not provide Personally Identifiable Information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you express interest in a third party offer or purchase a package that includes a third party offer, we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to that third party solely in connection with the offer you have selected.
Required by Law. We may also disclose your personal information: as required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, a lawful request by a public authority, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legal request.
Visitor Demographics. Contact Data and Traffic Data are used to gather general statistics about our customers and visitors. We may use Demographic Data to generate collective information about our users, but not in a way that identifies any user specifically. For example, we may inform third parties about the number of registered users and unique visitors, and the pages most frequently browsed.
Service Providers. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer or email service provider), help us market our products and services, or for training purposes. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
Other Transfers. We may share Personally Identifiable Information and other data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with ResumeBuild. If ResumeBuild is merged, acquired, or sold, or if some or all of our assets or equity are transferred, we may disclose or transfer Personally Identifiable Information and other data in connection with the associated transactions.
Information we collect can be shared with:
- a) The Provider Corporate Family and Other Third Parties: We can share the information that we collect about you with the Provider’s corporate family (our affiliates), as well as with third-party suppliers. The information can be disclosed (i) to provide joint content and our products and services (e.g. registration, transactions, employment or education opportunities, analytics and customer support); (ii) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) to guide decisions about our Provider or third party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications, and you will have the opportunity to opt out of email communications.
- b) Service Providers and Other Third Parties: We can disclose your information to service providers under contract, which help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, fraud investigations, bill collection and payment processing, and site analytics and operations). Also, we share information with our third-party payment processors. With your authorisation, we can also share your information with potential employers and career/job-posting websites.
- c) Other Entities, with your Consent: We can share your Personal Information with third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (such as CV editors, employers, recruiters or job-posting third-party websites, or others about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). These third party services are governed by their own terms of service and privacy policies, as set forth by the third parties that provide them. We do not necessarily endorse, nor are we responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for those services. On the Site, you have opportunities to express an interest in, or register for, other products and services. If you do, we will provide information about you to these third parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- d) Legal and Law Enforcement: Law enforcement, governmental agencies or authorised third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, or any other activity that can expose us, you or any other Provider user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, county, postcode, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else that we deem relevant to the investigation.
- g) Companies In The Mobile App Industry: If you access the Site through a mobile device or app, we can also share your information with operators, operating systems and platforms.
5. Your Choices
- a) Opting Out of Promotional Messages: You can choose not to receive our promotional communications by clicking the ‘My account’ tab and clicking the ‘My settings’ and ‘Preferences’ tabs. You can also click the Unsubscribe link in the footer of any email or newsletter that you receive. You can also email us at support@ResumeBuild.com.
- b) Update/Delete or Change Your CV or Cover Letter: To change or delete your CVs or cover letters, log in to your Provider account, click the ‘CV’ and ‘Cover letter’ tabs and select Edit or Delete.
- c) Site Privacy Settings: Information that you disclose while participating on the Site can be public and subject to redistribution by us and any third party that reviews your profile or the information that you post. You can change preferences for other Provider services as set forth in section 8 or by contacting us as set forth in Section 15. Please be aware that the Provider is not responsible for the use, disclosure or copies of your public postings on or through the Site that you make public and that are downloaded by third parties.
- d) Administrative Messages Cannot Be Turned Off: As the Provider provides an online service, you cannot opt out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
- e) Deactivation or Deletion of Your User Content/Account: You can request that we delete your account by logging in to your account and clicking the ‘My settings’ and ‘Overview’ tabs. You can also email us at support@ResumeBuild.com. When you request that your account be deleted, your Personal Information, including your CV and profiles, will be deleted and no longer available to you or visible to users from Provider applications. However, if any of your information, including your Personal Information, was previously accessed by others using Provider applications, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. When you delete your information on Provider applications, we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about you, along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties on Provider applications, but which might be used by us for record keeping and internal purposes, including enforcing this Policy and demographic, reporting and research purposes.
- f) Timing and Third Parties: We will endeavour to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably possible, but please note that changes requested of us are not always effective immediately. Unless required by law, we are not responsible for informing third parties (including, without limitation, our third-party service providers, potential employers, job-posting sites that you authorise us to contact on your behalf, or strategic or marketing partners) with whom we have already shared your information of any changes requested pursuant to this section, or for removing information from, or causing information to be removed from, the databases or records of such entities.
- a) Other services: If you use the Site, the Provider can create a universal application derived from the information you provide on the Site that will be visible to potential employers who have immediate needs for prospects, as well as visitors to the Site. Therefore, your Site Profile can be publicly viewable. You can elect to have your Profile restricted to registered users only by following the instructions on the Site for that particular setting. You agree that employers and the Provider will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by email and/or SMS text, and you understand that this consent is not a condition to having access to the Site or the Provider’s services. Messaging and data rates can apply. If you opt in to our SMS alert service, you acknowledge that message or data charges may apply. If you do not wish to continue with the SMS alert service, you may opt out by replying ‘STOP’ to the SMS text that you have received, or you may contact our customer service. Please allow three to five working days for us to process your request. The Provider reserves the right to terminate the SMS alert service, at its sole discretion, for any reason and at any time.
7. Tracking Technologies (Cookies)
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners can use tracking technology to enhance your online experience or customise our offerings. Here are a few additional important things that you should know about our use of tracking technology (cookies):
We can offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technology.
We use both session and persistent tracking technology. Tracking technology (e.g. cookies) can either be persistent (i.e. they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e. they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technology if your browser permits this, although doing so can interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the Help section of your browser, browser extensions or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting or disabling tracking technology such as cookies.
We encode and protect the types of tracking technology that the Provider sets so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. You can encounter tracking technology/cookies from the third-party service providers allowed on our Site, such as Google Analytics, which assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services.
You can also encounter tracking technology from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorised. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there can be a cookie placed by that web page).
We can target and track the videos that you view on the Site. You consent to our trackingof your video viewing through the Site, or on third-party social media, for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
8. Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
9. Notice to California Residents
- a) California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the ‘Shine the light’ law, permits those of our customers who are residents of California to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we have disclosed to third parties for direct-marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of these third parties. Requests can be made only once a year and are free of charge. To make such a request, please contact us at support@ResumeBuild.com. For all requests, you must put the statement ‘Your California privacy rights’ in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a resident of California and provide a current address in California for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, by post or via facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labelled or sent properly, or that do not contain complete information.
- b) California Business & Professions Code Section 22575 (b) provides that California residents are entitled to know how the Provider responds to ‘Do not track’ browser settings. The Provider does not currently take action to respond to Do not track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been adopted. We continue to review new technology and may adopt a standard once one is universally accepted.
10. Notice to residents of the European Union
The Provider complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). As such, the Provider affords to all European data subjects their respective data privacy rights to the extent that they are applicable, including: (i) the right to rectify inaccurate data; (ii) the right to erasure (deletion of your Personal Information); (iii) the right to restrict processing of your Personal Information; (iv) the right of data portability; and (v) the right to object. You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us at support@ResumeBuild.com or contact-us. In order to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorised access, we can ask that you provide sufficient information to identify yourself prior to providing access to your Personal Information.
In certain situations, and subject to applicable law, the Provider will not be able or obliged to comply with part or all of your individual requests. Please note that we have the right to refuse and/or charge a monetary fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive, for example due to their repetitive character. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU supervisory authority.
Providing your information to us is optional, but it can affect our ability to offer you the Service. For example, if you do not provide your complete Personal Information, we will not always be able to respond to your request in a timely manner.
11. Third Parties
Our Site can contain links to other third-party websites, and the Provider can provide products and services that share information with third-party sites for your job search. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites, so it is important to familiarise yourself with their privacy policies before providing your Personal Information.
12. Information security
We maintain technical, physical and administrative security measures designed to protect the security of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, unauthorised or accidental access, disclosure, copying, use or alteration. Some of the safeguards that we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centres, information access authorisation controls and other measures in accordance with industry standards. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is totally secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
13. Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general-audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information via our websites, applications, services or tools from users in this age group. If you are a minor and want to remove the information that you have posted to the Site, please contact us via the email or postal address listed in Section 16 below. Removal of the information that you have posted does not ensure its complete or comprehensive removal.
14. Storage and International Transfer
15. Notification Regarding Updates.
16. Mailing Address
Attn: WorkSimpli Software, LLC
1225 Ave Ponce de Leon, Suite 1001
San Juan, PR, USA 00907
Last updated on February 15, 2022